Mega Saver Shop is committed to Safe and Secure Online Shopping
We take our responsibilities and obligations to protect the personal information of our customers very seriously. Comprehensive security measures have been carefully implemented and subjected to rigorous independent testing in order to provide a safe and secure shopping environment for our customers.
When you register your personal details to establish an account or to place an order, we use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology to secure your details online. Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encrypts the information you send through this Site.
Every time we collect your personal information (such as your delivery / billing address, contact details and so on), a secure connection via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology is established with your web browser to ensure that your details are encrypted and securely communicated to us, safe from prying eyes or malicious threats.
Comprehensive security measures and access controls are in place to protect customer information collected and stored on the servers and systems. These security measures ensure that these details are only accessible by authorised personnel for authorised reasons.
We make no warranty in respect of the strength or effectiveness of that encryption and accept no responsibility for events arising from unauthorised access of the information you provide.
Secure PayPal Service
We are pleased to partner with PayPal to offer customers this fast, secure method of payments. PayPal is a popular secure payment service that maintains high standards of security and assurance levels to protect both the customer and the merchant from security threats to payment accounts and credit card details.
Secure Credit Card payments
We have advanced anti-fraud features that allow you to be authenticated before the payment is processed.
AfterPay, Zip Pay and Klarna
Data security is very important to all of these transaction payment processors. They maintain PCI DSS Level 1 certifications. Their ongoing compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) ensures they protect your data while in their care. All customer card data is masked and encrypted at all times.
Links to other websites
Types of information and data collected
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
How do we collect your personal information
Direct collection: We collect your Personal Information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting Personal Information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our Site
- during conversations and communications between you and our representatives
- when you complete an application or purchase order or ask for a quote to be prepared
- when you apply for BNPL or finance payment
- when you contact us for further information or register your details on our Site
- your participation in surveys and other types of research
- when you enter a promotion, sweepstake, or contest hosted by us
- when you subscribe to our mailing list or member program
- when you provide information via social media pages such as our Facebook page, Instagram or our Twitter account
- when you supply goods or services to us
- when you express interest in a particular service or product (as applicable)
- when you submit a job application or resume, including from your referees, and publicly available information about you.
Cookies and web tracking: We use tracking technologies such as cookies to recognise your browser each time it visits our site, and to track which pages you visit whilst on our site. We use this information to optimise our site and create a better online experience for you. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies. If you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them.
Remarketing: Our Site uses various software platforms and analytics programs, such as Google AdWords, Google Analytics, and the Google Display Network, to serve ads to you on other websites after you have visited our Site. This practice is known as remarketing and is a tool that Google and other digital providers offer to businesses. If you would like to opt-out of receiving advertising like this from Google you can manage these settings by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager.
Third parties: We may also collect information from third parties such as credit reporting bodies, law enforcement agencies and other government agencies.
Use of the collected information and data
Website browsing, use and interactions
We may use your information to display the content on the Site correctly, to personalise the Site content and to enhance the User experience.
Customer service: including but not limited to:
- complete transactions in store or online
- engage couriers to deliver products and services
- provide our membership program
- deal with queries, comments or customer service issues promptly whether by email, social media, telephone or mail
Marketing including but not limited to:
- keep you up-to-date with products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels. (You are able to “opt-out” from this activity at any time)
- evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising
- evaluate our Site’s performance and to improve the content we display to you.
Business operations including but not limited to:
- analyse our business, including for planning, marketing, research, recruiting and training purposes
- enhance your customer experience in store and online and help us complete your transactions faster
- administer our business, analyse trends, administer our Site, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information
- ensure the health and safety of our premises, staff and customers, which may involve us collecting your health related information.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you to reply to your enquiries. With your permission, we may also send you newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, if you have opted in.
When Users leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
If you upload images to our Site, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Web browser cookies
Comment form cookies
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. Cookies are stored on your computer or device. You can clear browser cookies at any time.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
User account cookies
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. Cookies are stored on your computer or device. You can clear browser cookies at any time.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content cookies
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Google, Bing & Facebook Analytics Data
Just like most other websites, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- Service providers: including, without limitation, technology service providers for services such as application and systems, cloud computing facilities, development and technical support, processing, storing, hosting, research and data analysis, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, network administrators, debt collectors, third party product repairers, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants.
- Partners: including, without limitation, our third party marketing agencies, membership program partners, Facebook, Twitter, Google, organisations we partner with for promotions or for distribution, and other organisations we think you would like to receive further information from.
- Law enforcement: to any person, regulatory body or government agency in order to comply with any law.
For how long do we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For Users that register on our Site (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You may contact us via our Support Portal.